Present your experiences during the conference
Do you have stories, case studies or solutions on ICTs and agricultural and rural development that you would like to share with a global audience? Will your contribution to the ICT4Ag conference teach and inspire? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Proposals are being solicited from interested resource persons under the selected session topics of the conference. The sessions are designed to allow the resource persons as well as the participants to share their expertise in an interactive manner, and to learn from each other. Your proposed contribution should therefore aim at sharing:
- Specific agricultural problem(s) or opportunity/ies with known or desired innovative ICT solution(s);
- Innovative ICT solution(s) which are helping or could help address specific challenges in the ARD sectors;
- practitioner’s/user’s perspectives on how one or more innovative ICT solutions are improving your engagement and performance as a farmer, researcher, policy maker, intermediary, donor, etc.
Conference Streams and Session Topics
We are especially looking for cases, stories, solutions, etc. from all around the world covering the following streams and session topics:
Emerging innovations in ICT supporting Agriculture and Rural Development
- Transformative Power of Innovative ICTs in Media for Agriculture
- Digitising and Mobilising Public Domain Content for Mobile-based Services
- Crowdsourcing in Agriculture and Related Sectors
- ICTs for Climate-Smart Agriculture and Resilience to Crises/Threats
- ICTs/Mobile apps for Access, Distribution and Application of Agricultural Inputs
- ICTs and Livestock Sector
- ICTs, Aquaculture and Fisheries Sector
- ICTs/Mobile apps for Postharvest Management of Agricultural Produce
- Holistic ICT Solutions versus Specific Mobile Solutions for Agriculture
- Structured Trade and ICTs
- ICTs/Mobile apps for Access to Financial Services and Insurance
- ICTs for Contract Farming and Outgrowers Schemes
- ICTs/Mobile apps for Agricultural Research and Development
Capacity strengthening and stakeholder empowerment for improved engagement in ARD and in related policy processes
- What can Grassroots Organisations Learn from Advocacy Groups?
- Capacity Development, Grassroots Organisations, and ICTs in Agriculture
- Capacity Development, Youth, and ICTs in Agriculture
- Capacity Development, Gender, and ICTs in Agriculture
- The Role of Higher Education Institutions in Capacity Building for Agriculture
- Experiences in Implementing Databases for Farmer Organisations
- Impacts of ICT for Agricultural Development Interventions
Enabling environments for the agricultural sector to maximize benefits from ICTs
- ICTs Infrastructure Provision and Agricultural Development
- Broadband Strategies and Agricultural Development
- Lessons Learned by Regional and Continental Bodies in Creating Enabling Environments for ICTs
- Participatory Use of ICTs for Social Learning
- Formulation of National e-Agriculture Strategies and Policies in ACP Regions
- Community Informatics (CI) as an Approach to Strengthening Engagement in ARD Policy Processes
- Implementation of ICT for Development Strategies in Agriculture
- Lessons from other Sectors in Integrating ICTs for Development
Applications should be submitted in English or French.
- Call for submissions of content opens: 17 May 2013
- Deadline for submissions: 9 June 2013
- Accepted resource persons will be notified approximately 2-3 weeks after the closing date, the latest by 1st July 2013.
- Accepted resource persons will be required to submit a revised synopsis and additional information by 30th September 2013, that will be included in the conference programme.
- The ICT4Ag conference takes place from the 4-8 November 2013.
Submit your proposal
You can submit a proposal by completing the online submission form. View a sample of the submission form on the link below. This sample document cannot be used to submit your proposal. Note that we will only accept online submissions.